Contact Us

Law Office of Robert Gibson
9408 Arlington Expressway
Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Local: (904) 273-3000
Toll Free: 1-800-4 LAW DOC

Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse

The Law Office of Robert Gibson is passionate in their representation of individuals who have been the victim of nursing home negligence or abuse. While you may think that this is an area of the law that is solely devoted to seniors. While it often involves seniors, it also involves patients who have been serious ill, or who have undergone major surgery, and need to recuperate under medical supervision before they would be able to go home. In both cases, they are dependent on caregivers to properly follow their doctor’s orders and provide the proper care, nutrition, hydration and medication to meet their physical needs. While many caregivers are conscientious and caring health care providers, many are not. When you know someone who has been the victim of abuse causing significant injury, pain or death; call our office for a free consultation. Call 1-800-4LAWDOC

Statistics Are Not On Your Side

In a survey of over 2000 nursing home residents 44% say they have been abused! And over 50% of nursing home staff admits to mistreating older patients! My question is what is the real number? Consider that many nursing home residents have physical conditions that prohibit them to speak, thus making them in able to complain or participate in this type of survey. The numbers are frightening. Yet not nearly as many complaints are filed, many residents are afraid to report abuses due to fear of some sort of retaliation. If the problem isn’t reported, it can’t be fixed.  

What Should You Do If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse?

Visit Often at different times of the day if possible, and collect as much information including information on any person you suspect is involved in the abuse. Get names dates and descriptions in order to file a complaint with the nursing home administrator. Take pictures! It is always surprising that while most cell phones have cameras on them, no one thinks to use them to document injuries, or the area where the injury took place. 

Contacting the local police may be in order if a violent action has occurred that constitutes a criminal offense. You may want to also contact the Department of Elder Affairs and have them open an investigation.

Dept. Of Elder Affairs
Florida State LTC Ombudsman Council
4040 Esplanade Way
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Phone: (888) 831-0404

When searching for a Florida Nursing Home consult the AHCA Nursing Home Guide. Click link below to access to see how the nursing home you are considering rates.

Read The Nursing Home Report

When you need a Lawyer Call 1-800-4 LAWDOC or (904) 273-3000!

Robert Gibson Logo
9408 Arlington Expressway
Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Local: (904) 723-0001
Toll Free: 1-800-4 LAW DOC
Copyright © 2018 - All Rights Reserved
Designed By Ocean Web Design